Can’t Judge a Book By It’s Murder by Amy Lillard My Review

 

About the book

As Sugar Springs gears up for its all-class high-school reunion, Mississippi bookstore owner Arlo Stanley prepares to launch her largest event: a book signing with the town's legendary alum and best-selling author Wally Harrison. That's when Wally is discovered dead outside of Arlo's front door, and her best friend is questioned for the crime.

When the elderly ladies of Arlo's Friday Night Book Club start to investigate, Arlo has no choice but to follow behind to keep them out of trouble. Yet with Wally's reputation, the suspect list only grows longer - his betrayed wife, his disgruntled assistant, even the local man who holds a grudge from a long-ago accident.

Between running interference with the book club and otherwise keeping it all together, Arlo anxiously works to get Chloe out of jail. And amid it all, her onetime boyfriend-turned-private-eye returns to town, just another distraction while she digs to uncover the truth around Wally's death and just what Sugar Springs secret could have led to his murder.

This riveting book-club cozy mystery full of quirky Southern charm is perfect for fans of Ellery Adams and Lorna Barrett!


And I thought  

2 of my favorite things

A new to me author.

A brand new series.  

 I really  enjoy a new to me series and seeing it develop. 

I enjoyed every moment.  

From the small town charm. 

To the sweet and quirky characters.  

I did not realize that Arlo the book store owner would be associated with a group of fiesty senior adults.  

But when Arlo's bestie ends up being the accused she pulle out the big guns and set things straight. 

There were many favorite characters 1 being the retired school teacher that gets a few ex students namely the Police Sargent and Mayor to do her bidding when she reminds them how she helped them out with extra assignments and such to raise grades waaay back in the day. 

Then there is internet savy Lilly that buys colored walking shoes and gizmos that will pick Chole's cell lock.  But in case that doesn't wirk she does have a big file in her handbag.  Said hand bag is never out of her position.  

The shop bird named after a Edgar Allen Poe character.  And welcomes guests/shoppers. Teases Chloe's visiting cat then screeches for Help from the humans. 

I am on the fence with Chloe as to which of her ex boyfriends she will end up with. 

 The police chief or the P.I. that returns to town and rents the apartment above Chloe's shop.  And joins The Book Club' which turns out to be Sleuthing Seniors. 

I enjoyed the YouTube Audio version.

The Audible version is currently free if you have Audible. 

I was not asked to write a review.  

This review will be posted on good reads and social media platforms.  

Buy the book   

Click Here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Thaw by Lauren Carr My Review

TBR Pile for the To Love A Cowboy Tour

Dockside Secrets by Terry Overton My Review