Misdirection by Christy Barritt My Review

 

About the book 

Misdirection by Christy Barritt is the first book in the Pros and Cons Mysteries series. It follows Olive Sterling, an undercover investigator for a private security firm who must find a corporate mole while running into her former flame, Jason Stewart. [1, 2]
Plot Overview
  • The Protagonist: Olive Sterling had her family murdered when she was a teen. She learned to trust no one and now works in the shadows.
  • The Mission: Uncover a corporate mole selling dangerous classified technology to foreign operatives.
  • The Complication: Olive meets Jason Stewart—the only man she ever loved—at the target company, threatening her strict emotional walls as people start dying. [1]
Series Details

  • Genre: Christian romantic suspense / mystery thriller.
  • Position in Series: Book 1 of the Pros and Cons Mysteries.
  • Follow-up Books: Followed by titles including Smokescreen, Deception, and Artifice. [1, 2, 3]

And I thought  

Book 2 is on my Wish List!

Author Christy Barritt has quickly become a favorite! 

Misdirection is a fast paced read. 

Are the main characters Christians?  This was/is unknown to me. 

Olive talks/mentions God when she is thinking to herself but there is no discussion between herself and Jason her ex high-school sweetheart now Head of Security at the company where Olive is sent to find answers before it is too late. 

I enjoyed the addition of Jason's dog Loki which happens to be named for the dog the sweethearts hoped to have 'someday'. 

Is the adult Jason over Olive?

I suspect not. 

In the beginning the two skirt around each thinking the other is involved in what is going on and follow each other which happens to be a good thing a few times. 

I really liked the drone operator who saves the day and Olivia and Jason's lives. 

Doing a bit of digging on Olive's request he finds some answers about Olive's dad.  

But before she can find out what Jason shows up leaving Olive and this reader hanging.  

Cue book 2. Hello Santa. 

I enjoyed the member free Audible version. 

I was not asked to write a review. 

My 5 star review will be posted on Goodreads and my S.M. platforms.  

This review will not be posted on Amazon.  I have not me the requirements since as a reviewer I utilize author gifts free copies. 




By the book 

Available on Amazon 

Click Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Thaw by Lauren Carr My Review

TBR Pile for the To Love A Cowboy Tour

Dockside Secrets by Terry Overton My Review